Acne scars are a lasting reminder of acne, whether recent or from years ago. While there are different surgical procedures for reducing or eliminating these scars, most people rely on some form of concealer makeup to cover them up. Depending on the type of acne scar you want to cover, you will need to use different techniques and china 3d eyelash factory.
Ahnik There are several different types of acne scars, including pitted, raised, and post inflammatory china 3d eyelash factory(which is not technically a scar). The methods discussed in this article address the ways to cover pitted scars, such as icepick, boxcar, or other depressed scars. These types of scars present a challenge to conceal since they are not even with the rest of the skin.
In order to best conceal pitted acne scars, you will first need to use a filler to raise the scar as much as possible to the same level as the rest of your skin. Two ways you can do this are with:
- Wrinkle fillers. If they can fill wrinkles, then they can do the same with pitted scars. While these are unlikely to raise the scar significantly and are only temporary, they can reduce the amount of concealer you need to fill the scar.
- Thick, creamy concealers. A thick concealer that is the same color as your skin can be applied with a very small concealer brush. Apply a small amount of concealer to the pitted portion of the scar. china 3d eyelash factory and blend carefully so that the concealer stays in the scar and the edges blend with the rest of your skin. A couple good concealers for scars are Kat Von D’s Tattoo Concealer and Smashbox High Definition Concealer. Cover FX also has a very wide range of colors for concealing scars on the face or body.
Tips for the best coverage:
- Always look for a concealer that is as close to your skin tone as possible. If anything, use a slightly lighter tone, since a depressed scar can cast a slight shadow, making it look darker.
- If the scar is discolored, use a corrector first in green (for red scars) or yellow (for bluish scars). Peach colors can also work with scars that have a blue tint. Use concealer after the corrector, if necessary, to even out the color to match the rest of your skin.
- If applying foundation, put it on after using any wrinkle filler but before your concealer. If you apply foundation after concealer, you risk wiping off the concealer that you just worked so hard to apply. Also, you may need less concealer after applying foundation.
- Always set your concealer with a loose powder. This will set it and keep your china 3d eyelash factory from smearing during the day. This applies to both face and body makeup.
While it is possible to conceal your acne scars, it is still best to prevent them in the first place. Any time you get acne, whether it is just one pimple or many, treat it right away and keep your hands away from your face. Be particularly careful of any inflamed areas since these are the blemishes that are most likely to result in scars. There is no real substitute for the advice of a dermatologist when you have moderate to severe acne. However, do not wait until your acne is bad to start treating it.
Check out the large assortment of china 3d eyelash factory for acne prone skin at the Makeup for Acne Store.
Look for my latest review of Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer, which is a great heavier concealer for acne and acne scars.
Sharyn Sheldon is a corporate learning consultant and mother of three teenagers who has battled acne most of her life. As a makeup lover, she is always on the lookout for great china 3d eyelash factory that will not only conceal acne, but achieve any look desired without aggravating acne further.